Vision is a precious gift. With healthy eyes we can see our surroundings, enjoy the people around us, and even glimpse our own features in the mirror. Although people with dimmed or no vision manage very well, being able to see clearly is a wonderful asset
10 Reasons Why you should have a Regular Eye Exam
The eye examination is a vital health check and should be part of everyone’s normal health regime. Here are 10 important reasons to have a regular examination:
1. You only have one pair of eyes. Once lost, your eyesight may never be replaced.
2. Unlike most of your body, your eyes do not usually hurt when there is something wrong.
3. The eye examination can pick up early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions, such as glaucoma, diabetic eye disease or macular degeneration.
4. The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment.
5. The eye examination can also detect a number of other underlying health problems, such as high
blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes.
6. An eye exam checks whether your eyesight needs correcting with glasses and determines the best form of correction for your vision.
7. Good vision means working and playing better and safer – in fact it means a better quality of life.
8. For young people, good eyesight is vital for learning. An eye examination will detect any problems in sight which may be affecting school performance.
9. Failing eyesight is often taken for granted as people get older. However, by having an eye examination and remedying problems in sight, older people can improve their quality of life significantly.
10. Poor eyesight is dangerous. Make sure that you are legal to drive and safe to operate your vehicle. Unless otherwise advised you should have an eye examination every year. It may be necessary to have examinations more frequently depending on your age and/or medical history.
Routine eye exams are important — regardless of your age or your physical health
Adults should have their eyes tested to keep their prescriptions current and to check for early signs of eye disease.
Children’s eye exams are important to ensure normal vision development.
Eye exams for children play an important role in ensuring normal vision development and academic achievement of all kids.
Children rarely complain about their sight, but can show signs of problems with their vision.
So, why don’t you come to us for a completely free eye-test
BOOK YOUR EYE TEST NOW!